BREEAM Communities certificate for SILO in Jaworzno, Poland
30 July 2020
An interim BREEAM Communities certificate was 16 July obtained for 19 ha residential development SILO in Jaworzno, Poland. Jaworzno lies between the cities of Cracow and Katowice. Planned fast train connections make the new neighbourhood attractive for young households from both cities. SILO is a previous cement factory site. The remaining silos will be reused and act as a focus point in the new community. The new dwellings will take heat from ground heat exchangers and electricity from PV panels. Inspired by Copenhagen examples the rainwater will be used in the landscaping. Rainwater will be collected on many points and then later feed the small water stream between the site and the adjacent forest.
- BREEAM Communities certificate for SILO in Jaworzno, Poland
- Icon-building Chmielna 89 in Warsaw received 14 July a BREEAM Excellent certificate
- DSV received a BREEAM Very Good certificate for its Cross-Docking Terminal in Vantaa, Finland
- Greenest office building of Cracow received BREEAM Very Good certificate
- First BREEAM In-Use certificates achieved by Mitiski REIM, for Retail Park Hornoměcholupská in Prague